Dental crowns are a common treatment many of our patients need at one time or another. Crowns are an excellent way to improve the structure and the look of a tooth while protecting the delicate root beneath.
Aside from necessitating multiple visits for treatment, the thing our patients say is the biggest drawback about getting crowns is the time spent waiting on the new crown to arrive from the dental lab so the temporary crown can go.
This is why our cosmetic dentist is pleased to offer one visit crowns. These crowns are every bit as well made and aesthetically pleasing as the crowns made in the offsite dental lab. However, because of advances in Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM), you only need a single office visit.
The same day crowns made in our office, allow our dentist to cultivate perfection in one visit. A machine designs the crown based on schematics received from the scans our dentist takes of the tooth that needs repair. After completing the design, a milling machine uses the information to carve your crown from a single piece of porcelain.
The procedure for getting a crown made on the same day is not much different than the traditional method of getting a crown.
You start out with an examination and general health questions. The process for one visit crowns is quite straightforward.
• Anesthetize the area around the tooth
• Carefully clear away any decaying tissue
• Re-shape the remainder of the healthy tooth, so the crown fits
• Use a special device to create a digital impression of your tooth. This will be the basis for the crown design
• Send the information to our in-house lab technician who creates your crown from a single block of porcelain
• Test the fit of the crown and make any necessary adjustments
• Secure your new crown in place
• Smooth and polish your crown
Patients love having their crown complete in a single office visit. If you would like more information about our same day dentistry, please call our office.