Dental implants are the best tooth replacement option available. While dentures and dental bridges are capable of restoring the look of the smile, only implants can fully substitute for a natural tooth. This is due to the fact that they are inserted into the jaw, where they can fuse to the tissue, and work just like the other teeth in the mouth.
While implants are the best option for replacing teeth, they do require certain conditions. You might be a dental implant candidate if you:
• Have enough jaw bone density to support the post
• Have healthy gum tissue, and are not suffering from gum disease
• Do not suffer from bruxism, or habitual teeth grinding
• Smoke or have recently quit smoking
• Do not suffer from diabetes
• Do not suffer from xerostomia, or dry mouth
If you are not a candidate due to one of these reasons, you may be able to become one by addressing the issue. For example, a bone grafting can be performed if a patient lacks enough bone density, or a scaling and root planing could be done to remove plaque and eliminate gum disease.
Our dental implant dentist in Beverly Hills can work with you to ensure your dental and oral health with implants.