Gum disease is a chronic infection of the gum tissue and structures that support the teeth. It does not heal on its own and requires treatment. Our periodontist will create a personalized treatment plan to address your specific needs and symptoms.
Common treatment options for gum disease include:
• A professional cleaning to remove all plaque and tartar
• A deep cleaning, called a scaling and root planing, to remove all plaque and tartar above and below the gum line and smooth the roots’ surfaces
• Periodontal maintenance to maintain the health of the gingival tissues and remove any new buildup
• Dental implants to replace lost teeth
• Pocket reduction surgery to eliminate extensive plaque buildup on the root surfaces
• Gingival grafts to cover exposed roots and replace lost gum tissue
• Bone grafts or regeneration procedures to stimulate new bone growth and replace lost bone tissue
Any treatment plan must be accompanied by improved at-home care. This means that you may need to address dietary, dental hygiene, or lifestyle factors that could be contributing to your gum disease. Call our office today to learn more or to schedule your consultation with our expert in gum disease treatment in Los Angeles.