Have you ever had a cavity? If you are like most people, the answer to that question is yes. Thankfully, though, it is relatively easy to prevent cavities, tooth decay and other common dental problems. If you answered yes to the proceeding question, read on for some steps you can take to help avoid these problems in the future.
• Brush your teeth for two minutes at least twice a day, and preferably after every meal, with a fluoride toothpaste. Ideally, use an electric toothbrush.
• Floss your teeth every day to clean food particles from the areas your toothbrush cannot reach.
• Rinse daily with a fluoride based mouthwash. This helps to kill bacteria and keeps your teeth strong.
• Eat nutritious meals. Foods that are high in sugar or starch contribute to plaque buildup, so limit your intake of these foods, and when you do eat them, brush your teeth as soon as you can.
• Schedule regular appointments with your dentist for professional cleanings and oral exams. Preventative dentistry is the best way to prevent dental problems from occurring in the first place.
Our North Hollywood dentists can help prevent problems before they start. Contact our office to schedule an appointment.